Just for fun, here's my best and worst memories of 06. At least my kids should get a kick out of this in 40 years.
Best Moment - Seeing Jaime at the Charlotte-Douglas International Airport after being gone for six weeks.
Worst Moment - Showing up over an hour late to a Workers Comp trial/hearing. Judge Bass proceded to rip me apart. A case I should have won was eventually settled. However, showing up to an empty court room in Sumter, SC was an unbearable feeling. (it was a scheduling error by one of the office secretaries.) In my opinion, it was a $40,000 mistake.
Best Sports Moment - Too many to have just one. Colt's unassisted double play in T-Ball. The Gamecocks' victory over Clemson. Volleyball with the Nuuuli club team. "Lelei lavea e i Filipo M" (or something like that.)
Most Awkward Moment - Getting a call from a Samoan attorney named M A (my current boss) asking me to come to AmSam.
Most Embarrasing Moment - Failing to keep my composure at Lexington CoC while announcing our decision to leave. In retrospect, Colt should have made the announcement.
Worst Decision - Hauling eight containers from Carolina to American Samoa. In retrospect, shipping them would have been much easier. Buying the Nissan pickup truck wasn't the best idea either.
Best Decision - Renting our current house has been a Godsend. I initially thought it may be too nice... boy was I wrong.
Funniest Moment - Josh's feeble attempt to throw a small firework in the Prophets of Baal production. If only Elijah had said, "please God, don't throw like a girl." Instead Elijah said, "please god, throw your fire over here." Honorable Mention: Our trip to the Johnston's house in Coppell, TX. In one stop at a commerical parking lot, Ally puked, Colt urinated, and Julia's diaper exploded. It was an all-in-one orifice party. I guarantee the security guards reviewing the tape got a laugh at Jaime and I running around the car.
Clumsiest Moment - Losing a ski in powder at the top to Kirkwood and skiing down a Black Diamond on one ski.
Best Decision at Home - Turning off the T.V. No cable. No satellite.
Best Vacation - Free trip (courtesy of dumpster diving) to Copper Mountain, Loveland, and Denver with Jaime. A close second was the "Man"cation to Tahoe with da boys.
Worst Vacation - Disneyland. Overpriced. Overhyped. But apparently a requisite for any family.
That's 'nuff for now.
Best Moment - Seeing Jaime at the Charlotte-Douglas International Airport after being gone for six weeks.
Worst Moment - Showing up over an hour late to a Workers Comp trial/hearing. Judge Bass proceded to rip me apart. A case I should have won was eventually settled. However, showing up to an empty court room in Sumter, SC was an unbearable feeling. (it was a scheduling error by one of the office secretaries.) In my opinion, it was a $40,000 mistake.
Best Sports Moment - Too many to have just one. Colt's unassisted double play in T-Ball. The Gamecocks' victory over Clemson. Volleyball with the Nuuuli club team. "Lelei lavea e i Filipo M" (or something like that.)
Most Awkward Moment - Getting a call from a Samoan attorney named M A (my current boss) asking me to come to AmSam.
Most Embarrasing Moment - Failing to keep my composure at Lexington CoC while announcing our decision to leave. In retrospect, Colt should have made the announcement.
Worst Decision - Hauling eight containers from Carolina to American Samoa. In retrospect, shipping them would have been much easier. Buying the Nissan pickup truck wasn't the best idea either.
Best Decision - Renting our current house has been a Godsend. I initially thought it may be too nice... boy was I wrong.
Funniest Moment - Josh's feeble attempt to throw a small firework in the Prophets of Baal production. If only Elijah had said, "please God, don't throw like a girl." Instead Elijah said, "please god, throw your fire over here." Honorable Mention: Our trip to the Johnston's house in Coppell, TX. In one stop at a commerical parking lot, Ally puked, Colt urinated, and Julia's diaper exploded. It was an all-in-one orifice party. I guarantee the security guards reviewing the tape got a laugh at Jaime and I running around the car.
Clumsiest Moment - Losing a ski in powder at the top to Kirkwood and skiing down a Black Diamond on one ski.
Best Decision at Home - Turning off the T.V. No cable. No satellite.
Best Vacation - Free trip (courtesy of dumpster diving) to Copper Mountain, Loveland, and Denver with Jaime. A close second was the "Man"cation to Tahoe with da boys.
Worst Vacation - Disneyland. Overpriced. Overhyped. But apparently a requisite for any family.
That's 'nuff for now.

I don't think your momentary lack of composure was embarrassing, but then, I'm a girl. You might have put the dumpster diving in that category! But then you wouldn't have had all those trips. Ah well...
Just for the record, I'm not trying to be anonymous - I upgraded to blogger beta and can't log in to my blogger username when I post a comment for some freaky reason.
Looks like you had more good moments than bad ones - that is something to be thankful for! I'm with you on the Disneyland hype. tc
I never felt worse for you little brother then when he didn't make the throw. After that skit, I was pretty mad, but looking back on it, it was hilarious. Love you guys.
That crazy skit... you're funniest moment might have been one of my most embarrassing.
I don't know what to say about the "feeble throw" other than--that's where I thought the fire might be--it's not like I could see through the sparks.
Why don't we ever talk about the "feeble purchase" of a giant sparkler and passing it off as a roman candle?
"Dear Lord, please send fire ALL THE WAY TO THE ALTAR!" Priceless! And in fairness, it did LOOK like a Roman Candle. BTW--Ann and I both began blogging at the new year. Hers is mostly photos, mine is brain droppings, nowhere near as entertaining as you guys. Feel free to stop by (she's colormepinkann.blogspot and I'm coachsal.blogspot). Happy new year!
These are the great things that make camp what it is. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Speaking of, it's that time of the year again when we start planning. Larry, you will get an email soon. Jan 20th. Lexington CoC
I like your thinking, Cabin 11 has a great view of the engineer trailer, oh the possibilities. Oh yeah, the dead period ends on Jan. 2, its time to go baby!